Pahang Strict In MM2H Vetting
 
Friday June 6, 2008 – The Star
 
 

KUANTAN: Pahang received 39 applications for the Malaysia My Second Home programme last year and 32 this year although it has yet to officially launch it, said Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Adnan Yaakob.

 
“We have strict regulations pertaining to processing the applications and to date, none of them have been approved.
 
“The programme is not for just anybody. The state wants to attract genuinely rich people,” he said here.
 

Adnan also said that the applications were for properties in Kuantan, Bentong, Cameron Highlands, Kuala Lipis and Pekan.

 
Topping the list was Kuantan with 17 for 2007 and 15 this year, he added.
 
The applicants were from Singapore, the United States, South Korea, India, Britain, China, Pakistan, Fiji, Sweden, the Netherlands, Japan, Thailand, Oman and Indonesia, he said.
 

“Successful applicants will be able to enjoy several privileges such as their children being allowed to attend school, college or university in the country and tax exemption for the purchase of vehicles assembled locally,” he added.

 
On another matter, the mentri besar said the number of tourists who visited Taman Negara last year was 80,890 and they spent more than RM53.8mil during their stay.
 
Adnan also said that the number of foreign tourists was 42,076 which was higher than domestic visitors, recorded at 38,814.
 
The state government and Tourism Malaysia would continue to hold various programmes to highlight the national park, including having familiarisation trips for the media, organising events such as the Taman Negara Eco-Challenge and promoting the place at exhibitions in the country and abroad, he added.
 
 
  Close Window